There is more to selling a house then just putting a sign in the yard and listing it on the MLS. You expect a lot from your agent, but it’s really a partnership. These tips will not only help you get your home sold faster, but will help you understand your role in selling your home.
What Does It Take To Get Sold?
When it’s time to sell, you must be confident that every element of negotiating the best terms and the highest price has been set before your home is even listed.
Start with the resources I’ve provided. There is no charge for this information. These will help get you in terms of assessing your real estate situation and planning for a stress-free and successful sale.
The real estate market in the greater Chicagoland area is volatile, especially lately, and it takes an experienced agent to move your house quickly, professionally, and profitably.
When you’ve decided to sell, I will be your advocate, your guide, and your fierce negotiator. I will work hard to make yours a great sale.
I look forward to it.
The 5 C’s of Selling
The 5 C’s will help you price your house right so that it can sell for top dollar in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Condition – Is your house newer, updated or outdated? Will the buyer have to put in a lot of work to make it into the home they want? Remember in today’s instant gratification market even millennials are looking for move-in ready homes and if your house doesn’t fit that description it will lower the value.
- Curb Appeal – Does your house look kept and inviting? Are the lawn and bushes neat and trim? The curb appeal of your house is the first impression buyers will get, so it needs to be a good one.
- Charm – Is this a home with warmth and character? Does the décor appeal to the masses? Most people are not visual, and have a hard time seeing what a house could be, rather than what it is. The charm of the house must appeal to a buyer who can’t see the potential.
- Comparative Value – How does your home stack up to the competition? Buyers are going to shop around. You may have a fantastic house, but if the one down the street has more updates or features for the same price, you will be overlooked every time. You have to be competitive in today’s market.
- Challenges – What difficulties is your home facing on the market? Can you do something to change it? While a bad location is not something you can do anything about, you can overcome it by adding local amenities in the brochure. Most of the challenges you can fix, but the rest can all be overcome with the right strategy.
FREE Seller’s Reports
Even if you’re just thinking about selling, knowledge is an important tool. We want you to have the advantage in the market, so we’re offering these reports full of useful information to you for free. Click here to see the available reports and get yours free!
Keep up on trends, market changes, and get more of Helen’s valuable advice for free.
Click here to see all her articles and videos to help you get the most of your home sale.
The Importance of Choosing The Right Price